Is there anything that you get more up close and personal with than your pillow case?
As you spend hours and hours face-to-face with your pillowcase every night, it should be no surprise that the material your pillowcase is made of can actually have a real impact on your skin, your quality of sleep, and more.
Lune Living creates high-quality bamboo and Lunesilk (bamboo and silk) pillowcases to help you get a better night’s sleep, be kind to your skin, and be kind to the planet.
The Benefits of Bamboo Fabric Pillowcases
Bamboo fabric is incredibly soft. It’s also an environmentally friendly alternative to cotton and other fabrics. Our bamboo fabric pillowcases are:
- Temperature regulating
- Less abrasive than cotton so gentle on skin
- Sustainably sourced
- Plastic free
Bamboo fabric pillowcases are perfect for people who have sensitive skin and are gentle on the soft skin of children. Browse our bamboo fabric bedding.
The Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
Much like their bamboo counterparts, silk pillowcases are luxuriously soft and kind to your skin. We spent more than 20 years creating the astonishing Lunesilk fabric. This is a fabric made up of 60% bamboo and 40% silk.
Lunsilk pillowcases have all the same benefits as their bamboo fabric pillowcases, but they also:
- Have anti aging properties
- Prevent sleep creases/sleep wrinkles
- Prevent bed hair
- Are all natural in colour
Because our Lunesilk fabric is naturally absorbent, it retains moisture, helping your skin maintain its suppleness. Lunesilk is a world first - quite possibly the most luxurious fabric you can buy.
As well as being incredibly comfortable, there are actually some significant environmental benefits of choosing bamboo fabric or Lunesilk pillow cases.
- Firstly, bamboo fabric is sustainable. It’s one of the world’s fastest growing grasses and grows 10 times more than cotton. It can grow in poor quality soil and the topsoil isn’t damaged when it’s cropped because it gets cut at the base.
- Bamboo doesn’t have any natural pests, so doesn’t need pesticides in order to grow. Whereas cotton accounts for 25% of the world’s pesticides and around 17% of its insecticides.
- Bamboo takes in more carbon dioxide than trees and produces 25% more oxygen than trees, reducing the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- Bamboo fabric saves water. Bamboo only needs rainwater to grow, but cotton needs 3,300 litres of water to grow enough to produce a simple t-shirt.
- Bamboo fabric and Lunesilk is durable. If you look after it, it won’t need replacing.
Lune Living creates incredibly soft, high-quality bamboo and Lunesilk fabrics. We offer bamboo fabric bedding, eye masks, cushions, bedspreads, bedding for children, and more. Browse our website to see environmentally conscious range.