Where Can I Find Quality Hypoallergenic Bed Sheets?
In short, if something is hypoallergenic, it has a reduced chance of causing allergic reactions, especially for people with sensitive skin. You can find a great many hypoallergenic items out there, including hypoallergenic jewellery, hypoallergenic carpets, and even hypoallergenic pets.
Because we spend so much time in our beds (the average person spends 26 years of their lives sleeping!), hypoallergenic bedding is really popular, especially with allergy sufferers.
Why is Hypoallergenic Bedding Beneficial?
If a bedding is hypoallergenic, you can expect that it helps to reduce the effects of allergens hiding in your bed through 1. the type of fabric used and 2. being tightly woven. These allergens could be dust mites, mould, pollen and even bed bugs. If left to their own devices, allergens can cause skin irritation, difficulty breathing and trouble sleeping.
High quality hypoallergenic bedding can also protect you from allergens that are in your mattress. It’s not easy to keep your mattress clean, and it can keep hold of a number of allergens that can really start to irritate your skin after time.
Types of Hypoallergenic Bedding
Below are some of the hypoallergenic bedding materials that you can find.
- Bamboo fabric
- Organic cotton
- Lunesilk (60% bamboo, 40% silk)
- Microfiber - Microfiber bedding is hypoallergenic, but it’s worth noting the environmental impacts of microfiber plastics which can be catastrophic for our land, seas, and creatures.
Other Ways to Prevent Allergens in the Bedroom
While hypoallergenic is a really effective way to reduce the effects of allergens being present in your bed, there are some other things you can do, too:
- Make sure you regularly replace your bedding regularly (around once per year). You can donate your old duvets and pillows to animal shelters so that they don’t go to waste, but check with the organization ahead of time.
- Shower or bath before you get into bed.
- Wash your sheets and bedding every week.
- Use hypoallergenic mattress and pillow covers.
- Get a dehumidifier for your bedroom.
- If possible, purchase a memory foam mattress and pillows as these help to prevent allergens.
Bamboo & Lunesilk Bedding From Lune Living
We’re delighted to have created our range Lune Living bamboo fabric bedding and Lunesilk bedding. Our bamboo fabric bedding for adults and children is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial. It’s also temperature regulating, environmentally friendly, and incredibly soft and comfortable. Shop the range.
Our Lunesilk bedding took us 20 years to create and you won’t find it anywhere else in the world. This is made from a blend of silk and bamboo and, as well as being naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial just like our bamboo bedding, it also has anti-aging properties and prevents bed hair and sleep creases. Lunesilk is a fabric that feels like water, and it couldn’t be softer or more luxurious. Shop the range.